The BEAST info page:
WARNING: Gateway.com has modified its web servers to hide any pages linked from outside gateway.com - therefore even though I have the exact links here . . . It will not display the page unless you feed garbage into there search engine and IT takes you to the URL I have allready given . . . AS FAR AS CUSTOMER SUPPORT - THEY SUCK NOW WORSE THAN EVER ! ! !
Lets Start with a Gateway 6400 Server Chassis & MBD as a start... Then go nuts.
- Dual Intel Pentium III 1GHz Coppermine CPU's
- 1152 Mb Registered ECC PC133 SDram (plans call for 2 Gb)
- 2x 64Mb, 133-MHz, 72-Bit, 4-Clock, 8x72 SDRAM DIMM (OEM supplied)
- 2x 512Mb 64x72 ( Crucial/Mircon p/n MT18LSDT6472G-133B1 )
- Dual Integrated Symbios Logic U160 SCSI Controllers
- U160 SCSI Bus 0
- ID#0 Seagate ST39204LW Cheetah 9.1Gb 10K RPM U160 68 pin HDD
- ID#1 Seagate ST318437LW Barracuda 18.4Gb 7200 RPM U160 68 pin HDD
- ID#2 IBM DPSS-309170N 9.1Gb 7200 RPM U160 68 pin HDD (GTW OEM supplied)
- U160 SCSI Bus 1 - Unused at this time... ( hoping to add a U160 external striped RAID )
- Diamond FirePort Dual UW SCSI controller
- One card, one IRQ, dual UW channels (WoW, up to 30 devices...)
- UW SCSI Bus 0
- UW SCSI Bus 1 - Bulkhead cable adaptor to external 68 pin connector
- RAID cabnet, 4x Seagate Elite Server HDD ST423451W Striped ID#12, #13, #14, #15
- Single drive enclosure - Barracuda HDD ID#6
- Appian Graphics - Jeronimo Pro Dual Head PCI Graphics card (Demo)
- Compaq V75 monitor
- Compaq VGA monitor (no cash for monitors, want a Sun 21")
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster Digital Audio PCI CT5803, GTW p/n 6001502
- Panasonic/Matshita IDE CDrom CR-594 GTW OEM supplied
- Toshiba IDE DVDrom CDRW SD-R1102
- IDE HDD pull out tray assembly - Obtained, but not installed, must make heavy duty mounting rails...
|Here is a shot of the MBD pulled from one of GTW's tech pages, I will get a cleaner view, but for now this will have to do.
|Got to have Radical speakers to check the quality of my DivX Rips.
Hi-speed internet via Cable modem. System is on a 100TX LAN (with baby beast, another 6400...) and hiding behind a hardware firewall.
System is dual boot, XP Pro & W2K.
May try the next Redhat or Mandrake Distribution. Also may do a FreeBSD install since they claim to support this hardware.
|Note: I also have a Gateway Solo 5150. . . But that would require a page all its own.|